Marinated in a delightful vegan ginger sauce, this Beet and Cauliflower Raw-Slaw is pure veggie goodness with every single sassy bite.
Besides the extraordinary blend of flavors in this stellar salad, the ingredients are jam-packed with nutrition. Raw beets, cauliflower, onions, and greens (optional) offer an incredible dose of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. Plus- this Beet, Cauliflower, and Ginger Raw-Slaw is a hit with my friend's toddler, so that's a win!
Wondering why you should eat more beets?
Beetroot Health Benefits
- Balances Blood Pressure
- Detoxifies Liver and Colon
- Increases Endurance
- Improves Immunity
- Enhances Mental Clarity
- Adds Antioxidants
- Increases Circulation
- Improves Heart Health
- Promotes Bone Density
Yowza! There are so many incredible reasons to eat more beets! For more beet health benefits, stop by our nutrition page.
Can't get enough of delicious vegan dressings featuring ginger? Try the following recipes: Beet Spring Rolls with Almond Butter, Lime, and Ginger Sauce or Beet Buddha Bowl with Tahini Lemon Dressing. Ginger dressings are full of flavor and zest. Enjoy!
Wishing you a beautiful new year filled with delicious food, epic memories, and endless laughter.
- 1 small cauliflower
- 1 beetroot (anywhere between a golf ball and tennis ball size)
- handful of chopped beet greens (optional)
- 1 small onion
- handful of raisins
- 2 tbsp Tahini
- 1 tbsp raw apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp Bragg's Amino Acids
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, finely grated
- 1-2 tsp all-natural maple syrup (Grade B)
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tbsp water (depends on thickness of Tahini)
- Make the tahini sauce by putting all the sauce ingredients into a small food processor or blending with a hand blender. Mix until creamy smooth.
- Chop the cauliflower into tiny florets or tiny pieces. Add the leaves, if there are any good ones.
- Grate the beetroot (removing any tough end bits first).
- Finely chop the onion.
- Put the chopped cauliflower, grated beetroot, chopped onion and raisins in a salad bowl. Add beet greens (if desired).
- Mix in the sauce until everything is nicely coated.
- Enjoy as part of a salad buffet or with potato wedges.
Store raw-slaw in the fridge for a day or two. The flavor increases when marinated. After two days, the salad tends to get soggy, so try to eat fresh or within a day or two.
Recipe adapted from Trinity's Kitchen.