Greet the morning with a vibrant Golden Beet, Orange, and Mango Smoothie. Its yellow hue, energetic nutrients, and delightful flavor inspire a beautiful way to start the day. This Golden Beet, Orange, and Mango Smoothie provides natural energy for your workout, yoga class, or keeping-up-with-children routine. As confessed in previous posts, I am a smoothie junkie. Greens (kale, spinach, beet greens, etc.) are usually the base of most of my smoothies as the alkaline benefits rock my world, but I also create smoothies for fun, for taste, and for purpose.
Although high in natural sugars*, this fresh and fruity smoothie is an incredible source for superhero nutrients. Plus - the color is stunning! The ingredient combo offers antioxidants, vitamins (such as Vitamin C), minerals (such as potassium), and fiber. Enjoy!
Curious about Golden Beets? Explore "Don't Miss a Beet" to discover the wonderful world of various beet varieties and types.
- 1-2 small golden beets, peeled and quartered
- 1 orange, peeled
- 1 cup coconut water
- 1/2 banana
- 1/2 cup mango (frozen or fresh)
- handful of power greens (kale, spinach, beet greens)
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 scoop vanilla Vega protein powder
1. Gently wash beets. Remove golden beet skins (if preferred). Beet skins are edible, but the smoothie texture may be chunky unless you use a high-powered blender like a Vita-Mix.
2. Peel orange to use orange segments.
3. In blender, add coconut water base. Add golden beets, banana, orange segments, and mango. Blend until smooth.
Note: Using frozen mango creates a chilled smoothie. If using fresh fruit, add 1/2 cup ice for a chilled texture and taste.
*This smoothie is high in natural sugars, and for me, it works to drink it pre-workout or followed up by or with a balanced meal. Sufficient protein helps me balance blood sugar.