Sip on this! Are you a Moscow Mule enthusiast? This BEETastic twist on a classic "mule" includes the traditional flavors of ginger, lime, and vodka with the earthy sweetness of beet simple syrup and fresh mint leaves.
Why add beet simple syrup? The beautiful beet adds a delightful earthiness married to spicy ginger beer (despite the name, it is non-alcoholic), fresh mint, and lime juice. Beet Simple Syrup is easy to make and if you wish to eliminate the sweetness factor, replace simple syrup with cold-pressed beet juice. Yum! Plus - adding the antioxidant-rich veggie adds some nutritional value to this refreshing drink!
Although Moscow Mules are made with vodka, legend has it that the "mule" doesn't actually originate from Moscow but rather it is believed that this craft cocktail hails from America. Either way, served with its signature copper mug and ginger flair, this cocktail has gained vast popularity, and we love it!
- for more ginger love, add 1/2 tsp freshly grated ginger. Kapow!
- for less sweetness, use 2 oz beet juice rather than beet simple syrup.
- replace vodka with tonic or carbonated water. Add extra ginger beer and lime juice for flair.
- add fresh orange juice to create a delightful ginger, citrus, and mint mocktail version of the "mule."
Cheers to picnics, barbecues, family/friend time, and Summer fun!
- 2 oz Tito's Vodka
- 4 oz (1/2 - 3/4 cup) ginger beer
- 1.5 oz fresh lime juice
- 1 oz beet simple syrup
- muddled mint leaves and lime wedges
- candied ginger for garnish (optional)
- ice for shaker
1. Add all ingredients to a cocktail shaker and shake shake shake!
2. Pour over ice in copper mugs.
3. Garnish with extra mint, lime wedges, and candied ginger.