Cheers to independence, love, and delicious mocktails and cocktails!
Traditionally, the 4th of July "season" in the United States is celebrated with family barbecues, picnics at the beach, patriotic themed foods and drinks, and evenings filled with fireworks (all of which I adore and appreciate); however, in addition to the more traditional 4th of July events, there is something truly spectacular about the energy felt as we celebrate freedom and love. Today and every day, I feel immense gratitude, and I want to give a massive hug to the entire world!
Every day is a gift, and sometimes with the busyness of life, it's easy to lose sight of the magic of each day. Living in the present is key, and I truly value the little moments in my life, such as feeling the ocean air caress my face, sitting on the patio listening to the birds and wind-swept branches of the trees, and candle-lit outdoor evening conversations with the hubby . . . just being present and loving each moment. The Summer months also prompt epic and inspired recipe creations which I adore! Food is life-giving, and I value its presence in my life.
Mocktails (cocktail-like juices made without alcohol) are the perfect way to cool-down during the Summer heat, especially for children and alcohol non-enthusiasts. This festive Beet, Citrus, and Ginger Sangria Mocktail is refreshingly delicious with beet juice, ginger beer (despite the name, it is non-alcoholic), fresh-squeezed orange juice, a dash of lime, and heaps of fruit (apples, peaches, raspberries, and blueberries). We hope you love it as much as we do!
I wish you love, joy, and independence to create your beautiful reality every day. How are you spending 4th of July?
INGREDIENTS (makes 3-4 full mason jars)
- 2 cups beet juice*
- 1 cup orange or pineapple juice
- 1 cup apple juice
- 2 cups ginger beer or ginger ale
- 1 lime
- 2 cups chopped fruit (peaches, apples, raspberries, blueberries, etc.)
- 1/4 cup agave or a dash of stevia (optional)**
* For a quick mocktail or if a juicer isn't handy, use cold-pressed beet juice (Like Love Beets, etc.). You may also use store-bought orange juice and apple juice (preferably 100% juice without added sugar).
1. If making fresh juice, juice raw beets, orange, and apple. Divide juice evenly among 3-4 mason jars.
2. Add 1/2 cup ginger beer or ale to each mason jar.
3. Squeeze fresh lime juice into each jar.
4. Mix. Add chopped fruit. Stir.
5. Allow to marinate, chilled for at least 30 minutes or overnight, or serve over ice.