Looking to boost your immunity and improve your energy? Give your body some love and feel your absolute best with a Raw Beet, Apple, and Ginger Detox Smoothie. Packed with nutrients, this smoothie helps detoxify the liver, improves muscular function, boosts immunity, cleanses the gallbladder, and increases circulation.
Beet Health Benefits
The beetroot is a powerhouse of nutrition. High in betalain (helps the liver process fats), minerals such as magnesium and potassium (promotes healthy muscular function and heart function), and Vitamins C & K (improves immunity and promoting healthy blood cells), beets offer incredible health benefits.
Granny Apple Health Benefits
Why eat Granny Apples? Besides the delicious tart flavor from Granny Apples, one of the fantastic things about this variety is that they are brilliant cleansers! Pectin found in the skin of apples (the largest concentration found in Granny Apples), is a unique fiber that helps cleanse the liver and gallbladder.
Ginger Health Benefits
This super-food rocks! Ginger is a delicious root that contains a potent "spicy" flavor with fabulous health benefits. Ginger helps cleanse the body by improving digestion and circulation. Due to its detoxing abilities, ginger aids the body by cleansing toxins in the liver, colon, and other organs.
For more detox smoothies and juices, try:
I love smoothies, especially ones that make me do a happy dance. This is one of those toe-tapping smoothies. Cheers to healthy "happy dance" foods!
Are you a fan of detox smoothies? What are your favorite ingredients?
- 1-2 small-medium red beetroot
- 2 organic tart apple, such as Granny Smith
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp freshly grated ginger (2 tsp for more "spice")
- 1/4 peeled and cubed cucumber
- 1 cup chilled coconut water*
- optional: handful of spinach, kale, or beet greens
- optional: dash of stevia or honey
*Depending on your blender, more liquid may be needed. Coconut water is great for hydration and filled with fabulous electrolytes.
1. Choose organic produce when possible and gently wash all ingredients.
2. Remove beetroot skins if preferred for texture; however, beet skins ARE edible.
3. Combine ingredients in a high-powered blender.
4. Blend until smooth.
5. Add more water/coconut water if desired.