Cheers to independence, love, and delicious mocktails and cocktails!
Happy 4th of July, yall! Anyone else feeling incredibly grateful this beautiful day? My heart is filled with immense gratitude as I acknowledge and value the freedoms we enjoy. Today is July 4th, a day celebrating the independence of America. Yes - today is traditionally celebrated with family barbecues, picnics at the beach, patriotic themed everything, and an evening filled with fireworks (all of which I adore and appreciate), but combined with the traditional 4th of July events, there is something truly spectacular about the energy felt today as we celebrate freedom and love, especially when throughout the world, many people are not granted the same freedoms. Today and every day, I want to give a massive hug to the entire world!
This last weekend was a whirlwind of activities and work. The days seemed to fly by, and already Monday has arrived. Every day is a gift, and sometimes with the busyness of life, it's easy to lose sight of the magic of each day. Throughout the weekend's chaos, I spent time valuing the little moments in my life, such as feeling the ocean air caress my face, sitting on the patio listening to the birds and wind-swept branches of the trees, and candle-lit outdoor evening conversations with the hubby . . . just being present and loving each moment. This weekend also prompted some time in the kitchen, creating delicious foods and drinks, another activity that I feel blessed to experience. Food is life-giving, and I value its presence in my life.
During the warm summer months, I adore chilled juice mocktails as well as homemade sangria, so over the weekend I made both. Red Sangria was created with cabernet, ginger beer (despite the name, it is non-alcoholic), fresh-squeezed orange juice, a dash of lime, and heaps of fruit (apples, peaches, raspberries, and blueberries). For the Beet, Citrus, and Ginger Sangria Mocktail, I use beet juice, ginger beer (it is non-alcoholic), orange juice, apple juice, a dash of lime, and fresh apples, peaches, raspberries, and blueberries.
Mocktails (cocktail-like juices made without alcohol) are delicious and festive, great for children, pregnant women, and all non-alcohol enthusiasts. Plus - this mocktail is so delightfully tasty, it has turned into one of my go-to juices for warm summer afternoons.
Happy day to all! I wish you love, joy, and independence to create your beautiful reality every day. How are you spending 4th of July?
INGREDIENTS (makes 3-4 full mason jars)
- 2 cups beet juice*
- 1 cup orange or pineapple juice
- 1 cup apple juice
- 2 cups ginger beer or ginger ale
- 1 lime
- 2 cups chopped fruit (peaches, apples, raspberries, blueberries, etc.)
- 1/4 cup agave or a dash of stevia (optional)**
* For a quick mocktail or if a juicer isn't handy, use cold-pressed beet juice (Like Love Beets, etc.). You may also use store-bought orange juice and apple juice (preferably 100% juice without added sugar).
1. If making fresh juice, juice raw beets, orange, and apple. Divide juice evenly among 3-4 mason jars.
2. Add 1/2 cup ginger beer or ale to each mason jar.
3. Squeeze fresh lime juice into each jar.
4. Mix. Add chopped fruit. Stir.
5. Allow to marinate, chilled for at least 30 minutes or overnight, or serve over ice.