Cheers to independence, love, and delicious mocktails and cocktails!
Mocktails (cocktail-like juices made without alcohol) are the perfect way to cool-down during the summer heat, especially for children and alcohol non-enthusiasts. This festive Beet, Citrus, and Ginger Sangria Mocktail is refreshingly delicious with beet juice, ginger beer (despite the name, it is non-alcoholic), fresh-squeezed orange juice, a dash of lime, and heaps of fruit (apples, peaches, raspberries, and blueberries). We hope you love it as much as we do!
Traditionally, the 4th of July "season" in the United States is celebrated with family barbecues, picnics at the beach, patriotic themed foods and drinks, and evenings filled with fireworks (all of which I adore and appreciate); however, in addition to the more traditional 4th of July events, there is something truly spectacular about the energy felt as we celebrate freedom and love.
Today and every day, I feel immense gratitude, and I want to give a massive hug to the entire world! I wish you love, joy, and independence to create your beautiful reality every day. How are you spending 4th of July?
Beet, Citrus and Ginger Sangria Mocktail Recipe
INGREDIENTS (makes 3-4 full mason jars)
2 cups beet juice*
1 cup orange or pineapple juice
1 cup apple juice
2 cups ginger beer or ginger ale
2 cups chopped fruit (peaches, apples, raspberries, blueberries, etc.)
1/4 cup agave or a dash of stevia (optional)**
* For a quick mocktail or if a juicer isn't handy, use cold-pressed beet juice (Like Love Beets, etc.). You may also use store-bought orange juice and apple juice (preferably 100% juice without added sugar).
1. If making fresh juice, juice raw beets, orange, and apple. Divide juice evenly among 3-4 mason jars.
2. Add 1/2 cup ginger beer or ale to each mason jar.
3. Squeeze fresh lime juice into each jar.
4. Mix. Add chopped fruit. Stir.
5. Chill for at least 30 minutes or overnight (fruit will marinate). Serve over ice.