This Golden Beet, Kale, Peach, and Pineapple Smoothie is the perfect refreshing blend of flavors and nutrients. Your cells will shimmy and smile. Mine do! Are you ready for your happy dance?
Antioxidants, Minerals, and Vitamins
Like the red beet variety, golden (yellow) beetroots are vibrantly beautiful and healthy (and less messy). Although the nutrition profile is different from red table beets and other beet varieties, golden beets are filled with antioxidants, minerals, and vitamins, such as Vitamin B9 (Folate), Vitamin C, Magnesium, Potassium, and Manganese. Manganese, an understated mineral, enhances skin integrity, helps control blood sugar, and improves bone health. Pineapple, peaches, celery, kale (and other dark-green leafy vegetables) and beets contain anti-inflammatory and immunity enhancing benefits, targeting free radicals and aiding digestion. This smoothie is a powerhouse of nutritional awesomeness. Enjoy!
- 1 raw small-medium golden beet
- a handful of kale or preferred power greens, such as spinach, beet greens*, or chard
- 1 celery stalk (chopped)
- 1/ cup fresh or frozen pineapple
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen peach
- 1 cup of coconut water or almond milk
- dash of cinnamon
Optional: apple slices, bananas, mango, and ginger
1. Buy organic when available.
2. Thoroughly and gently rinse all fresh produce.
3. Peel and quarter or cube the beet. Beet skins ARE edible; however, due to the texture, they are best removed for blending. If you have a Vitamix or another powerhouse blender, you may not notice the chunky skin texture.
4. Blend all ingredients and enjoy! Freeze coconut water in ice-cube trays for a quick, tasty way to chill drinks. If using frozen fruit, more liquid may be required.