Are you an adventurous soul in search of a unique blend of flavors? This Beet Margarita (with or without Tequila) may be exactly what your taste-buds crave.
BEETS AND BOOZE!
Beeta-Rita (adapted from Topping Rose House)
- 2 oz Avion Tequila (or preferred Tequila)
- 1 oz lime juice
- ¾ oz jalapeno (or plain) agave syrup
- 2 oz beet juice
- lime salt or kosher salt
Optional: Add ginger puree or rosemary infused syrup
1. With a lime wedge, rub a rocks glass around the rim
2. Rim with salt and add ice to the glass
3. Shake tequila, lime juice, agave syrup, and beet juice (see directions for beet juice)
4. Strain into a rocks glass over fresh ice. Garnish with a lime wedge.
DIRECTIONS for beet juice
Purchasing prepared beet juice is an easy, no fuss route when prepping this cocktail. Love Beets and Beet It feature ready-to-drink beet juice filled with vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. If you are creating beet juice from scratch, here are some ideas:
1) Through a high-quality juicer, juice 2 small-medium beets
2) In a high-quality blender, blend 2 beets and lime juice. Strain well through a mesh strainer; use a rubber spatula to press out remaining juice.
Not a fan of alcohol, create this drink as a fabulous Beeta-Rita Mocktail.
- 6 oz beet juice
- 2 oz lime juice
- 2 oz orange juice
- 1 oz agave nectar
Salt rim and serve over ice or blend with one cup of ice for a blended Beeta-rita!
Photo Credit: Tortilla Republic